Friday, May 9, 2014

My Book Wishlist


Us booklovers... It doesn't matter that we have 2 huge stacks on our TBR shelf...we still want MORE books!

Here are the books on my current wishlist:

1.

I really enjoy Sophie Kinsella's writing. When I want to just kick up my feet with a light, funny read I pick up a Sophie Kinsella novel. Her characters are likeable and the stories always makes me laugh.








2.

I've heard so many good things about the Lunar Chronicles and I really want to see what the hype is all about. A cyborg Cinderella?? That alone sounds interesting!








3.


I loved "Little Women" when I was younger and when I was browsing the bookstore the other day, I came across this book. It's written from the perspective of Mr. March, who was absent through most of "Little Women" because he was serving in the war. This sounds like another interesting read...Can't wait to pick it up!






4.

I read the first book, "The Truth of All Things", which was a mystery surrounding the events of the Salem Witch Trials. It reminded me a little of Sherlock Holmes and Watson, but it was definitely an enjoyalbe little adventure. This is the second book following the same two detectives, and I'm really looking forward to reading it.





What are some books on your current wishlist? Let me know...just in case I feel the need to spend more money on books!

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about still wanting more books - my TBR is growing longer and longer! 'March' sounds really interesting, I've read Little Women so many times so it'll be interesting to read a novel from their father's perspective

    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gemma,

    It doesn't help that when I see what other people are reading, I end up adding those books to my wishlist and it just keeps getting longer! I'm sure we all feel this at one point or another, but there just isn't enough hours in the day to dedicate to reading. If you do start reading "March" please let me know how you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. March sounds like a really interesting read, however I often have difficulty reading books that spawn from a classic that I enjoy. I do like the concept though!

    I have a real mixed bag of books on my wishlist currently. I also recently purchased a few off of my wishlist - The House at Riverton, The Bookstore, Butterfly Summer, Mother, Mother and A Boy Called Hope. I used to have trouble with my wishlist growing insanely out of control however I've found a system that works well for me in terms of managing it now.

    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sound like great choices!! You MUST share your system!! At the moment my "system" is just to only go to the bookstore once every other month. In the meantime, I just live vicariously through other people's book hauls. :)

    ReplyDelete